HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST EYELINER AND EYESHADOW COLORS FOR YOUR EYE COLOR
Your eyes are unique to you, with ranges of colors and shapes.
Do you wonder which eye liner and eyeshadow colors work best to bring out your eye color?
Here’s a good guideline to follow.
Hazel or Green Eyes
- Eyeliners/Eyeshadows in olive greens and browns bring out the gold tones in the eye.
- We recommend Jasper/Sandstone and Bronze/Copper COLOREYEDEFINE by Susan Posnick to bring out those gold tones.
Hazel eye wearing Jasper/Sandstone
- Eyeliners/Eyeshadows in purples and navy blues make the green color in your eyes dominant.
- Amethyst/Opal and Sapphire/Ametrine COLOREYEDEFINE make that green color more vibrant.
Hazel eye wearing Amethyst/Opal
- To keep eyes looking vibrant, finish with a dusting on the eyelid of COLORME blush/shadow by Susan Posnick in Camelia, Peony, or Ginger.
- Eyeliners/Eyeshadows in jewel tones, like turquoise or sapphire, make brown eyes dazzle.
- Tourmaline/Aquamarine, Sapphire/Ametrine, or Turquoise/Topaz COLOREYEDEFINE brighten your brown eyes
- Eyeliners/Eyeshadows in shades of green, gold, and copper make brown eyes look lighter
Brown eye wearing Sapphire/Ametrine
Brown eye wearing Turquoise/Topaz
- Try COLOREYEDEFINE in Jasper/Sandstone, Platinum/Gold, and Bronze/Copper
- For the perfect finish, dust COLORME blush/shadow in Orchid or Scarlett on the browbone
- Eyeliners/Eyeshadows in rich browns or golds, like Bronze/Copper and Smokey Quartz/Rose Quartz COLOREYEDEFINE, will make blue eyes look even bluer.
Blue eye wearing Smokey Quartz/Rose Quartz
Blue eye wearing Bronze/Copper
- Use a bronze or sapphire color rather than black for your liner, especially for daytime makeup, as black can look too harsh.
- Finish with a dusting over the eyelid of COLORME blush/shadow in Peony, Lily, or Camelia.
Universal eye liner and eye shadow colors- some colors simply work with every eye color
Turquoise, Teal, Topaz, Copper
- Turquoise liner is universal as it brightens the white of your eyes.
- Teal liner has the ability to visually shift eye color, especially hazel and blue eyes
- Topaz, warm brown and copper eye shadows are universal because they shape and contour the eye lid.
Silver, Gold and White
- These colors work great under the browbone to accentuate the arch of the brow
- Can also be applied directly on the center of the eyelid right above the iris, to highlight your eye color
- These colors can also go on the inside corners of the upper and lower parts of the eye for added sparkle
Black and Silver
- These colors let you create a timeless, classic look on the eye
- The black works beautifully on the tightline, inside the upper lid
- Black eyeliner will make eyelashes look thicker while adding emphasis to the eye
- Black creates the perfect ‘winged’ eyeliner
- Silver makes the perfect highlighting color
COLOREYEDEFINE makes applying eye makeup quick and easy
Not everyone has the time or desire to do a full makeup artist eye before heading out the door; that’s why Susan Posnick’s COLOREYEDEFINE eye liner/eyeshadow colorstick is just the product to give you your most beautiful eyes in a few quick and easy steps.
COLOREYEDEFINE is available in nine stunning combinations, to suit every eye.
COLOREYEDEFINE is a multi-purpose eye product comprised of an angled liner thin enough to define, yet soft enough to blend as an eyeshadow, with a cream-to-powder complementary eye shadow literally in the cap.
To use the liner as a shadow, simply turn the angled liner on its side, apply to the lid and blend with your fingertip or a brush.
All combinations are subtle enough for every day, yet they can be layered and combined for those dramatic ''evening eyes," and to create new colors.
COLOREYEDEFINE sticks are compact for travel.
How to Use COLOREYEDEFINE to Create a Beautifully Simple Eye
You can use just one COLOREYEDEFINE Eyeliner/Eyeshadow stick to achieve a quick and easy eye makeup. Finish with our COLORCOATED mascara for long, luxurious lashes, and you are out the door.
Using Jasper/Sandstone or Smokey Quartz\Rose Quartz
- Apply the Sandstone or Rose Quartz as your lighter shade on the entire lid.
- Line the upper lid close to the lashes in a thicker line with Jasper or Smokey Quartz to define the eye.
- Create a thinner line with the liner under your bottom lashes and in the crease for even more definition.
- Finish off your quick and effortless look our COLORCOATED non-smudge, non-flaking mascara. Just like that, you have a beautiful eye makeup look in 1, 2, 3.
- Apply the Bronze liner across the upper lid close to the lashes and under the bottom lashes.
- Use the Copper shadow to smudge liner across the top lid and under lower lashes.
- Finish off your quick and effortless look our COLORCOATED non-smudge, non-flaking mascara.
Doing a Smokey Eye with Sapphire/Ametrine
- Apply the Sapphire liner close to lash line at the top and bottom.
- Blend the liner with your finger or a brush.
- Add more Sapphire liner from the outside third of the eye to the crease.
- To finish the look, layer Ametrine over the Sapphire and the eyelid, covering the entire lid to just below the browbone.
- Finish with our COLORCOATED
Creating Bright Eyes
With Topaz and Turquoise
- Apply Topaz shadow on the upper lid to just below the browbone.
- Use the Turquoise liner close to upper lashes and blend into the Topaz shadow.
- Apply Turquoise liner under the bottom lashes.
- Remember, using a turquoise liner in the waterline will always brighten the eyes
- If you desire a softer look, use the Topaz shadow under the Turquoise liner
With Tourmaline and Aquamarine
- Apply Tourmaline liner close to lash line on the upper and lower lashes.
- Then smudge the liner with your finger or a brush.
- To finish your look, apply Aquamarine right above the Tourmaline on the upper lashes and under the bottom lashes over the Tourmaline.
With Opal and Amethyst
- Apply Opal shadow on the upper lid to the point just below the browbone, and under the bottom lashes.
- Add Amethyst liner close to the lash line and under the bottom lashes.
- For contouring and dimension, you can also apply the Amethyst across the crease of the upper eyelid.
What is Tightlining?
- Do you wonder what tightlining is? Tightlining uses a deep liner color, like Sapphire, Jet, Amethyst, or Bronze COLOREYEDEFINEliners, to line just at the root of the upper lashes in the waterline inside the eye.
- This is called invisible liner, which makes lashes look thicker and the eye more distinctive.
- This technique is a fast and effortless way to add more intensity to the eye.
What Makes Susan Posnick an Expert in Beauty?
I spent 20+ years working as a celebrity makeup artist traveling the world on photo shoots, commercials, and films. In addition, I was Mary Kay's personal makeup artist for 18 years. When I was diagnosed with skin cancer and could not wear chemical sunscreen or most makeup products that were on the market, I shifted direction from makeup artistry to the creation and development of natural, healthy beauty products.
I have received much recognition and many awards for my humanitarian efforts
with regard to creating products to help prevent skin cancer, for my constant support of charities primarily focused on the prevention and research of all types of skin cancers, and for my makeup artistry.
I was honored to travel to and receive an International Humanitarian Award in Vienna, Austria for the development of COLORFLO and BRUSH ON BLOCK.
Both Susan Posnick and her products have been featured in major publications and magazines. Susan Posnick Cosmetics are clean and healthy and may be purchased worldwide in spas, apothecaries, salons, specialty retail stores and at our online shop. Feel free to contact us with any questions and to purchase your natural, healthy beauty products from Susan Posnick Cosmetics. We are always happy to assist.